It is (supposedly) MY computer. She has two employer desktops and a laptop at work, plus a personal laptop and new iPad Pro of her own. Here. And two personal computers at our other home. And almost every time I've used this computer since I got it last week, she's had some work-related stuff on screen, which I don't mess with, except to go to "new page".

I am safe....I don't do the nasties. Tho we sometimes get some interesting stuff from somewhere, on our main email account - which I never use for two reasons. First because she accuses me of deleting stuff that she "needs", which I don't, so I avoid the issue altogether by just never going there. It is hers, and she can pass on anything I need to know. Or not. I DGAF. Self preservation at it's best. smile. She calls it passive aggressive.... I don't even answer emails addressed to me, unless she hands me the computer to do so. Then I hand it back.

The second reason is that she has inconsequential personal emails on there going back years- some of them 10 or more. Drives me insane! So I let her delete the 100 or so crap messages we get per day and whatever else she chooses, which is almost nothing.

I have my own almost never used iCloud email account. No nasty stuff there either.

On a related note, just this week we have started getting junk mail at our Kotzebue PO box, which we have had for 7 years, and NEVER used to contribute funds anywhere. We use the Soldotna PO box for that, which generally runs about 2/3 junk, including the begging letters. Our voting registration also remains down there, so it can't be that. So it has to be someplace that we order products from that has started sharing our Kotz mailing address. or just the internet..

Bastids. Ain't nothin confidential anymore.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.