Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
This one was interesting.....didn't have the best shot.....although he was close he was on the move. After having it skinned......looking at the body and the hide couldn't find the entry hole. The bullet exited just below the shoulder on the opposite side and took out the knuckle below the shoulder. He ran 30 yards and died instantly. The taxidermist said maybe I hit an artery that runs near the shoulder. There was no damage to the vitals.....just a lot of blood inside.

Interesting that I couldn't locate the entry hole......anyone ever had this happen.....or she'd some light on this?

Congrats on the nice buck and ending the dry spell. As far as the hole thing goes, the only thing that I can come up with is if you skinned, dressed, and looked over the entire the deer and could not find but one hole that is your entrance and there was no exit. Total speculation on my part as I was not there for the shooting nor the autopsy.

One thing for sure is you have meat for the freezer and horns going on the wall! Congrats again! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn