Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
rahtreelimbs, I have been hunting by myself since I turned 16 back in my younger days in PA. It would be hard to get lost in PA because I would wager to say at most places you couldn't walk 5 miles in a straight line in PA and not hit a road, house etc. I know that was the case when I lived in the Lehighton area. Maybe a bit more of a challenge in the upper middle of the state. Colorado on the other hand is a bit different. If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned with getting lost.

Getting lost is not the concern.....getting hurt by myself is.

I guess that means you can always drive in the carpool lane...

Just the way I hunt. When others have firearms not to mention rough terrain....I will take the safe route.....no need to worry my family either.

One year I flew 3500 miles one way, drove another 8 or so one way by myself. Went out in the woods for days and shot a moose all by myself. You take it a bit slower and easier, especially with the knife and gun use. And I carry a SPOT to send notes home that so far I"m still alive.

Dying or hurt, there is a way. Hurt I can hit SOS and get out. Dying, no better place than the woods IMHO.

It can be done.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....