Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I think the entire notion of accuracy guarantees is amusing. I don't know why anybody pays any attention to it.

If you're talking Kimber, I agree.

If you're talking a company with a reputation for accurate rifles, it would mean something.

I hear you but I'm still with Bob. I guarantee I know people that couldn't shoot a 2" group with a rifle capable of beating the world accuracy record of any sort. Way too many variables to consider. Heck I shoot a couple pounds of powder and several hundred bullets finding 'The Load' when I'm working with a new rifle. I shoot plenty of 2" groups in the process to blame the rifle. And I bet I shoot more than 90% of people.

Can't really argue that, but why is it then, that there are numerous posts regarding the accurate shooting of Kimber's, that insist there is some special technique necessary to shoot a light rifle such as this? These are from Kimber fans, not the competition. It would seem to me it's another reason not to own one.

What I've found with the few Tikkas I've owned, is that you could pretty much grab a box of ammo while blindfolded, and it would shoot 1" or better. I've never seen less fussy rifles, and that includes customs.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.