Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by BobinNH

When it's made of good components but won't shoot there is only one possibility left....it's broke and needs to be fixed.

So Bob, you're an experienced rifleman. Since there are so many hit and miss Kimber accuracy issues, is Kimber a well built rifle from the factory, sloppy, poor quality control, or what? The lightest rifle I owned was a Nosler Patriot 7-08. It shot like a dream from the start.

And weighed what with scope and rings?

Dave

Exactly. The Kimber may require some work to be perfected as it comes from the factory, but if a total newby to bedding like me can get it right the first try, then it's well worth the price of admission. It's not like it's the only factory rifle that requires a little work.

I guess it's just expected that you need to change the trigger, barrel, stock, and bed a model 700, so no one complains. After all the model 700 costs so much less.LOL Why does no one count the full cost plus parts and complain about that?

this is the first 100 yard group I shot after bedding my POS Kimber. Factory Accubonds no less.
[Linked Image]

second group
[Linked Image]

I've had 8400's,84L's and 84M's almost all shot well with some tinkering. If you want to start betting against guys shooting 700's with factory stocks and barrels your going to lose a lot of money.