Originally Posted by cra1948
We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, every time I go to the local Walmart I cruise by the sporting goods department and window shop ammo. There has been no rimfire stuff and very little .223/5.56 in 2 1/2 years. Immediately after the election the shelves were filled. There is now all kinds of .22 LR including stingers, etc, .22 WRM in several flavors, 17 HMR and even CCI .22 Shorts. The only thing missing is .17 M2. Looks like all the hoarders will end up eating the stuff.

I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not really sure how much I had on hand when the crunch hit as I'm still finding stashes here and there.

I had enough on hand that I never feared running out for myself and family, including 2 grandsons. And we all shoot.

And I never sold a round of it. I gave 21 bricks away to various folk and organizations. There've been a lot of local kids who got their 1st .22 and might have had to wait years to shoot it if it hadn't been for hoarders like myself.

Prices ever really return to normal, I'll likely salt away another stash or 2. There's nothing wrong with hoarding when the markets are full and prices low.

"Chances Will Be Taken"