Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I had a camera, 3 actually and voice recording on me the entire time I drove a bus. That didn't seem to stifle the kids in the least.

Ya and probably a gps unit on the bus revealing speed and location.

Plus there was likely surveillance cameras on the kids the whole time, same as there is in the hallways.

Riding on a bus is sorta like down time in class, when the kids do indeed break out their cell phones and have at it. Nobody cares, but at those times the no recording without consent deal is mostly for the protection of the kids from other kids.

But lets say we got it done; recognizing the problem of kids using their own phones, how about a visual/audio recording system set up in every class, real time.

Who gets access? Everyone? Whats to stop persons unknown from following your kid throughout the school day?

OK, just parents? A smaller sample size, maybe fifty parents per average classroom. Do we make them take background checks before we allow them to log in? Even given that, do you want forty-nine people you prob'ly don't know and whoever they let see it watch the rooms your kid is in throughout the school day?

I'm pretty sure that storing video recordings requies a huge amount of memory, so just audio recordings, compiled in the school, but accessible to individual parents upon specific request. Fair enough, that sounds doable.

Ok, in an average high school with 2,000+ students, you're gonna be inundated with requests, mostly about stupid crap by the same stupid parents wanting to get their delinquent little Johnny off of the hook. Which means you are going to need extra staff to administer the recording library, and maybe extra lawyers on the didtrict payroll to handle frivolous lawsuits

Will this all of this give a significant advantage over the fact you already got twenty-five eyewitnesses to whatever goes on in the classroom?

it's not like I was one of the teachers you read about daily that diddles one of their students.

What? You're gonna catch that on camera? Recall that every classroom has about twenty five eye-witnesses already.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Easy enough to catch 'flirting'....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"