Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

Purchased new for IHMSA Metallic Silhouette competition. This is the 10" barreled Silhouette model, it is equipped with the OEM undercut Patridge target front sight, not the ramp style as your photos show. Serial Number is 600-02692. I did a trigger job and used it for years in competition, winning matches along the way. It was capable of 3/4" 10 shot groups at 50 yards from a rest using Sierra Silhouette bullets and W-680 powder.

This is one of, if not the most accurate revolver(s) I ever shot, period. Elgin Gates noted that Bill Ruger refused to follow his advise to lengthen the cylinder another 0.125" which would have eliminated the top strap and forcing cone erosion, as did Dan Wesson. However the frame erosion problem was largely hokum generated by gun writers of the day, as it stopped at around 0.050" depth and was inconsequential. Forcing cone erosion is problematic with any magnum revolver, loaded to high pressures especially with ball powders. The top strap erosion on this revolver is not more than a scratch. I just purchased a new lot of Starline .357 Maximum brass to put this revolver back into service as an accompaniment to my varmint hunts, as I carry pig tags. Originally, I used Federal brass made for IHMSA and stamped accordingly, but for some reason of nostalgia I don't want to shoot it up:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 12/11/16.