Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
All kidding aside.

Today, take the Sig Kilo that's been sitting in the rig for several days at 0-15F roughly. About 12F air temp.

All in meters...

Battery at one bar. It struggled with junipers at 450. Absolutely would not get a steel ram at 511 known distance... Change to fresh Duracell UltraLithium, also been cold. Zero improvement. Tried LOS instead of AMR, no change.

I stuck it in my front pant's pocket for several minutes. Bamm, nails the ram at 511, and is working on junipers, dirt berms etc out to 650 or so...

Several minutes later it nails rocks and dark colored slope at 850+.

Set it on the defroster in the rig for awhile. Starts to nail stuff over 1000.

Several more minutes and I'm getting 1600 on buildings and 1200 or so on brush and junipers. Also gives me numbers on grass, whatever I aim it at over 700.

Home for 1/2 hour. Take it out and nail a building at 2600, just freehand. Moving cars at 1300. Pretty much like it did when I first got it...

It definitely still works. Maybe just gotta keep it stuffed in the shorts?

I had basically identical results today at 10F, snow on the ground, and bright sun. Wouldn't range trees beyond about 300 meters. Stuck the RF in my pocket for a while, and then I was able to hit 0.2Mil sized rocks out at 800m+. My Bushnell Fusion 1600 ranges just as well at -30 as it does at +30, but it looks like the SK2000 is very temperature sensitive...