Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by pal
Give me a moment to think about that....NAH! smile

But I'm right about the best value being a rifle that you can always sell for MORE than you paid for it.

Amen brother. You got that right. Try going on down to the next gunshow and selling a Remington 783, 710 or RAR. A couple of my buddies only buy the really cheap rifles like these and they have had the pleasure of TRYING to sell a used cheap rifle and it didn't go too well for them. I don't think they will ever understand, but it was an eye opener for them nonetheless.... wink

I'm going to disagree a bit, although I do prefer that my rifles will sell for more than I have in them.

'Value' is a qualitative measure. Some of my firearms have sentimental 'value' that far exceed their monetary worth. Others I may have paid 'too much' for at the time but bought because I wanted them and couldn't find them for less.

My custom 6.5-06AI cost more than I'll ever get out of it but I don't care at all - I had it built for a purpose and it fills that role well. When I told Big Brother it was my '600-yard clay pigeon shooter' his response was 'I hope it does more than that.' It is and it does, but if that was all it was good for I'd be happy with it.

I'm the kind of guy that scratches his itches and generally finds that doing so is very satisfying. If the scratch produces the desired results, I really don't care about some hypothetical sell price.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.