Second the HW95. I have two .22 and two .177 springers. Two RWS and two Beeman. I have scopes for all four but one .22 stays with open sites. I have used the BSA 4X on three of them and have a 3-9X32 Beeman as a backup. All four of these rifle will shoot under a dime for 10 shots, offhand at 21 feet. Often quite a bit under if I do my part.

I use RWS and Beemen hobby pellets for target shooting. There are dozens to choose from. You can go nuts if you obsess about these things. I use pointed pellets for pest control.

For pest control I'd recommend the .22. I have used my .177's on squirrels in the back yard but the range is like 10 yards and I only take head shots. Even at that range, the .22 is noticeably harder hitting.

As a warning, I started with one chinese .22 break barrel. It went down the road and now I have the 4 springers plus a benjamin/sheridan (quite accurate by the way) and assorted other air guns. I shoot in my basement and end up shooting them more then my powder burners due to the convenience.

Pyramdair.com is another good place to check out. I ordered 5000 pellets this morning from them.

Last edited by tominboise; 12/30/16.

Regards,

Tom