In my experience the .22 is far better for dropping things and completing the task then the .177

The only real advantages of the .177 are cost to shoot, and trajectory. With a BDC reticle that problem is solved to 50 meters or a bit further depending upon the wind.

Another experience I have is that the .22 does not need 1000fps that is so common to hear people rave about with the .177 pellets. My rifle shoots a solid 750 with crosman premiers. that will kill a rabbit with a pass through even on head shots at 50 yards. However I find that the JSB pellets which are heavier and only go 700fps from my rifle are more accurate and on the charts show a higher retained velocity at 50 yards.

Move away from the hype of velocity and stay with the down range impact power and the surgical precision of the rifles capability. As stated above the heads are fragile on all the species you will shoot with a pellet gun. The accuracy to make head shots is inherent in the guns.

velocity is almost always good, but in the case of the air rifles not always needed. The Specs on the power of the TX200 are not at the high end of air rifles, not even close. However the accuracy is stellar, making it spectacular for the kinds of vermin and small game suited to air gunning.

The HW95 is a spectacular rifle for this, just add a scope with a BDC reticle to solve the only issue you will have. I like the Vortex scope on mine a lot.

Last edited by JJHACK; 01/03/17.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)