Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by viking
I had a miserable nights sleep. I played basketball yesterday, and had leg cramps until I got up around 0200 and ate a banana. That seemed to help.

dehydration is what causes that....

Since we are talking hangovers, another 'trick' I learned a long time ago, at the end of college and finally figured it out while in the Army as a medic...

If you are drinking beer partying hard, the hangover the next morning is that your PH Balance is on the alkaline side, due to the hops and sugar in the beer....plus you get dehydrated urinating so much....

So if drinking beer throws you to the alkaline side, you counter that with having an intake of acidic stuff... simple high school biology PH balance stuff...

I myself learned to put a shot of Rose's Lime juice into each beer I drank, learned that from an English exchange student I went out with at the end of college...

but you go into any of VFW or American Legion, you'll always see old timers mixing their beer with lemonade or even more common back in Minnesota, was V8 juice or tomato juice...

accomplishes the same thing...

That and drink some water before bed, really helps out...

you can be surprised how much beer you can put away, and not wake up with a hangover...

Alcohol, is acidic. Lemons....limes....ect, are both acidic and alkaline. They are acidic, until we digest them, at which point they start to have an alkalizing effect on our bodies.

Either way, I'm sure it helps balance.

I was a little hungover, but not to the point of not being able to do a Motorcycle Polar Bear run, in 40 degree weather. Two Bloody Marys helped with the slight hangover.