The single most important requirement for a pack is that it fits your back properly. Start there and then explore other features.

A 2,200 cu. in. pack is small. OK for day hunting deer. It's too small to haul out the hind quarter of an elk and not big enough for multi-day backpacking. The Badlands 2200 weighs 6# and has a volume of 2,250 cu.in.

I use an Osprey Talon 33 (about 2,000 cu.in.) for day hunting deer. I like it because it comes in daylight orange and that satisfies the orange that's a requirement in Colorado. It weighs about 3#.

For backpacking you need at least 4,000 cu. in. An Osprey Aether 70 is about right (70 liters, 4,200 cu.in.) weighs about 4#.

I use to use and Osprey Exposure CM (65 liters, 4,000 cu.in.). It was always kind of tight for even a short backpack trip. They don't make them any longer. It weighs about 3.5#.

The pack that fits my back best (I have a 23" torso) is my Osprey Aether 85XL (about 5,200 cu. in.). It's not as quiet as I would like and it doesn't come in camo color or orange. But it's the pack that I use the most because it's so comfortable on the trail. It only weighs 2 ounces more than the 70.

BTW all of the Osprey packs that I have mentioned weigh about 4# or less when empty. That's an important consideration. I don't want carry a pack that weighs 7# empty.

I own a ULA Catalyst, which weighs only 2.5#. It's probably the most uncomfortable pack that I own. It's also available only by mail order. I own a bunch of backpacks; North Face, Go-Lite, Deuter, Gregory, Kelty, Alpenlite, etc.

You can see that I like Osprey packs. It's hard to find packs that are built as well and weigh as little as they do. But they don't really make hunting packs. They're great for backpacking.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Kuiu Ultra 6000. But I've hesitated because the biggest frame is good up to 22" torso. They say I can send it back if it doesn't fit. But I would have to pay for return shipping just to take a look at it. They told me that they don't have any retail outlets. Everything is mail (Internet) order only. It's quiet and comes in a couple of different camo patterns. I hate to buy something that I haven't seen and can't try on. I don't really need a pack that big for backpacking but it would be good for hauling out the hind quarter of an elk. It weighs less than 4#.

The Seek Outside Unaweep Fortress 4800 looks good but it also has a max torso of 22" and it's materials are not all that quiet. It's pretty light at less than 4#.

The Kifaru Duplex Timberline 2 (85 liters, 5,200 cu.in.) with an Ultralite frame weighs just under 5#. It has different frame sizes and will fit a 23" torso. You can buy options that send the empty weight over 6#.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.