Update;
I hunted the whole season with the Barnes 100 grain TTSX, @ 2,800 fps. The first buck, that was a small meat buck, was a quartering away,running, 80 yard shot. The bullet went in front of the last rib and exited the off side brisket. I was surprised the bullet exited, my Sierra 120's wouldn't have. The exit wound didn't seem to be any larger than a dime but the internals where jello.
2nd buck was about 200 yards bedded, facing away. I shot him in the back of the head. Thankfully the bullet exited his eye socket, leaving the skull of the nice old buck intact. I jumped a coyote at about 60 yards while packing out the meat and skull. He was scooting, so I shot her through the middle. My old cup and cores would have turned her inside out and stone dead - instead she had a pencil hole through both sides of the soft middle and required a quick finish shot.
3rd buck and the real test was my muley hunt. After a few days packed in, I found a buck I liked and started closing the gap. I got to 385 and set up, waiting for the broadside, through the shoulders shot. When the shot presented, I new to aim for bone but habit took over and I punched him through both lungs. Staggering, he stayed on his feet - slowly walking with his head hung a bit. I quickly chambered another round and settled into my scope. He was now all but standing still, stuttering backwards like he was going to sit down. I know where he was going but I took the neck shot anyway. It founds it mark, making me feel better about leaving sight of him for about twenties minutes. The second thing I checked when I got to him was the exit wound. A dime sized whole with blood leaking out.
In conclusion, I have to say the barnes 100 grain TTSX is a great, reliable bullet. It will never be a cup and core bullet or perform like one. If I can remember the qualities of this bullet while hunting I'm sure I'll grow to appreciate it more. I do feel that a shoulder shot on the muley would of finished the show faster and have been the better shot to take with the bullet I'm shooting.
I want to thank you guys for your insight on this thread and in PM's that you sent. Your knowledge and patience has been much appreciated.
To you fine gentlemen, Thank You, Jeff