My two showed up in the mail yesterday afternoon. Paid on Tuesday morning and delivered on Thursday--pretty happy with that.

Started with my 1S Whelen (2016 model). Never done anything like this before but having read a few tutorials in the past, I decided to tackle it anyway. Bit of a learning curve figuring out the best way to handle it as I punched out assorted pins. Had to do a little bit of filing in certain areas but nothing too bad. The steel these are milled from is very soft so a little bit of filing goes a long way. After I finally got my act together and figured out what I was doing it had taken about an hour from when I started to when I had bolted the stock back on and screwed the pad in place.

From there I moved on to my 1980 model 1B .30-06. From the word "go" this one did not go anywhere near the same. There were a few key design differences in the internals that changed the disassembly, maneuvering of parts, and the fitting process on this one. One thing I didn't notice when I punched out the original safety's roll pins is that this model uses a significantly larger pin than my newer model had. I had already fit the new safety to this gun by the time I figured that out. My choices were either wait to buy new pins, drill the pin holes out a little bit to accommodate the old pins, or reinstall the factory safety and use the Trop on one of my other rifles.

I chose to button it back up with the original safety and I'll put the Trop on my 1A Swede which is a rig I use much more anyway.