When I criticize the trigger, it's not the quality of the trigger pull/break, but the two piece trigger design. And that's because it's supposed to be a "safety" feature, but it offers no safety at all, and being two piece, it will eventually break at the hinge. So they complicated the trigger to absolutely no advantage.

Now being practical, it's just a minor annoyance; it's not as if it causes problems. But it really doesn't offer any "safety" at all.

As for the rest of the M&P, I've been a fan since day one. Literally the only thing I don't like about the M&P is the trigger. And they only came up with that trigger because they didn't want to pay a royalty to Glock on their trigger.

But my M&P was accurate, reliable, and I think the M&P's have great ergonomics.

I saw a 2.0 at the LGS a couple of days ago. S&W added some metal reinforcement to the dust cover area which I found interesting. If I had to guess, it's to reduce flex when a weapon light is mounted. Both Glock and S&W have experienced some malfunction issues when various weapon lights are mounted, so I'm guessing S&W took this opportunity to address that issue, or potential issue.

S&W also made changes to the fire control section, which means all of the Apex triggers out there will not work in the 2.0. But I'm sure Apex is already working on that.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the changes to the fire control are, but I'm sure S&W had their reasons.