I've experienced broken extractors and ejectors on a small herd of Gen II G22 .40 S&W guns I was once tasked with maintaining. A call to Glock got replacement parts on the way overnight. Those broken parts hit about the 1,500 round mark give or take a few hundred rounds. Over the four years I was responsible for those guns the occasional front sight would disappear and I think I recall a spring breaking on one gun. There would be the occasional malfunction on range days here and there. We used Federal American Eagle range ammo and it was pretty good stuff. It was usually hard to find out why the gun jammed because if the officer didn't get that gun running again right then he knew he was getting an ass reaming about standing there gawking at a useless handgun. The guys were pretty good at clearing the odd occasional choke and continuing with the drill. I don't buy the whole "Glock Perfection" business. They are as reliable as any other good quality service weapon, no better and no worse. I like Glock, but I keep malfunction drill skills sharp. Mechanical things occasionally break down, it happens to the best of them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.