Well first off, Cuz has had a 204 in an AR-15, also a 23WSSM, 22DTI, 17 REM, 223AI's, a 25WSSM and a few more I'm probably forgetting.

I lose a lot of brass so I haven't ventured beyond the standard case.

CC, please show me a post where I have never used or owned an Ackley round. Right now I've got a 223 AI in a Kimber Montana and a 22-250 AI in a Kimber Montana. I have had a 243 AI that I had 2 barrels done on.All by Dave at the bat cave. Cuz bought that one from me so it's still around. Cuz and I grew up as brothers and we've hunted together all our lives. Still do... We've leased land together for over 30 years and set up our 800 yard steel range on his place. It's not like he's a friend of a friend's cousins brother in laws sisters friend.

Here's one that will blow your mind, the first one done was done by Danny Cheatum at LazyD gunsmithing on a factory Bushmaster Varminter. He removed the barrel extension and set the barrel back. Reinstalled the barrel extension, chambered for 23AI and it's now fire forming brass for all his others by his son. He loves to blast away.

The round head spaces of the beginning of the shoulder which is 1.5532" shorter from the vanilla round of 1.1.5571" so that's why you can still shoot factory rounds through it.

I've seen and shot his AR's in 223AI too many times to believe you have a clue. Of course I've also seen you proven wrong on every other theory you've had.

Get out and try something before you say it won't work.

Last edited by TWR; 01/09/17. Reason: added figures