The above is untrue based on my experience with new Optilocks. Old mounts from years back, but my Sako mounts from recent years use the exact same torx head base mount screws as they use for their action screws. They are rated way higher then the torque specs for there use on the Sako. 57-inch pounds for use as action screws, and 45-inch pounds for use as base mounts. I've removed and replaced one set on one of my rifles well over 30 times, maybe as many as 50 times, the last 6-years, and they are still like new. That particular rifle shoots well and holds torque with the action screws set at 45-inch pounds, same as the Optilocks. I keep a compact Felo torque driver with the rifle to remove scope to use the fixed sights, and remove the stock for travel. I throw it back together at 45, and have not worn out a screw.

Last edited by GaryVA; 01/09/17.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood