In the spirit of all the 7mm08 threads around here lately, thought I'd start my own.

As I told a fellow member this afternoon, I have no problem being much more lucky than exceptionally skilled. Lucky enough that I've killed a 30" buck, a 34" buck, a 35 1/2" buck, and now this 37" ancient bruiser. If you're into scores, this isn't the buck for you. If you're into big, old, mature warriors, this is certainly the one.

To make a long story short, I have been after a big muley since November 5th. Been through the rut, now in post rut stage, and it seems that lately the better bucks simply want to lay in the brush and be left alone to rest. Don't blame them consider all the chasing they've been doing. I got lucky this morning and caught this bruiser coming out of a brushy, dirt tank water hole. I was dead steady, and shot him through the heart at 240 yds, bullet exited, ran only 15 steps or so and collapsed. He never knew I was there.

I have shot several 7.5 yr old mule deer, and this was the oldest I've personally seen, probably 8.5. He had almost no back molars left in his head. As you can see, this 37" buck (I know, I can't believe it either) has had both G2's broken off. I didn't care, and still don't.

Here's the story on equipment for those interested:
Binoculars: Tract Toric 8x42...superb stuff
Rifle: McWhorter 7mm08
Bullet: 41g Varget, 140 Accubond, 2815fps @ muzzle
Bipod/Tripod: Tall trigger stick tripod

I was solo, so I have no hero shots with my ugly mug present.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Classic Texas Tailgate pic, just for perspective's sake. That's a Toyota Tundra BTW.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.