I'm learning as I go here. My son set me up with a Palmetto State AR and I'm just having a ball learning how to operate it. Shot it several times with the flip up open sights, and I've got those sighted in as good as my tired old eyes can shoot them.

I was in the Sportsman's Guide shop here in town and picked up a cheap AR scope on clearance. Finally got a chance to shoot it in today. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. The scope's a Barska, and it shows. Works "okay" but the center of the bullseye isn't real clear. I'll be upgrading soon. I've heard a lot of good reviews on the Primary Arms AR offerings and will be looking at those and some others too.

I ran a box of 50 rounds through it today at an indoor range. The final group (at 50 yards) was dead on the bullseye and all inside the 1" ring. This gun is just a blast to shoot. No recoil, and not a single FTF, or stovepipe since I bought it.

So if you were going to go to a decent scope, with a budget of $200.00 what you go with?

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/14/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla