Originally Posted by kennyd
Last month we got a notice that the paper was going up again, with an add on for special editions (the ones with holiday ads). Since they mostly insult me with their editorials, a read a total of maybe 4 comic strips, I will miss to obits, I canceled at the end of the paid for term. They took the money from the checking account again, but did manage to cancel the delivery.

I seldom allow any regular withdrawals for a reason.

Definitely the way to go.Once you give any business that opportunity,it's hard to shut them down.

BTW.The Gazette in the Springs did the same thing. Outrageous subscription price and you end up paying for 50% of the paper is full page advertisement the other 1/2 is liberal BS. Now the have added one hour to the local paper delivery time. Because of official notice and such, I can't shut the paper off.It's the only one available.

You can opt out of the Special Editions,but the customer service gives you ration of crap while doing it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles