Sitka Deer, you are entitled to your opinions, but not to substitute your beliefs for facts. A very quick review of scientific papers related to my point don't give the reader an impression that my facts are in error. Here are a couple of examples, after about five minutes of research:

"As mean spring temperatures at our study site have risen by more than 4°C, caribou have not kept pace with advancement of the plant-growing season on their calving range. As a consequence, offspring mortality has risen and offspring production has dropped fourfold." Climate change reduces reproductive success of an Arctic herbivore through trophic mismatch - Eric Post, Mads C Forchhammer

"Caribou and reindeer herds are declining across their circumpolar range, coincident with increasing arctic temperatures and precipitation, and anthropogenic landscape change. Here, we examine the mechanisms by which climate warming and anthropogenic landscape change influence caribou and reindeer population dynamics, namely changes in phenology, spatiotemporal changes in species overlap, and increased frequency of extreme weather events, and demonstrate that many caribou and reindeer herds show demographic signals consistent with these changes. " VORS, L. S. and BOYCE, M. S. (2009), Global declines of caribou and reindeer. Global Change Biology, 15: 2626–2633. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2486.2009.01974.x

This paper explains better than I can the relationship between lichens and caribou and climate change. My description should have been better, it is not a decrease in nutrition from plants going to seed in the calving grounds, rather seed bearing vascular plants are crowding out the nutritious lichens. -

"Cornelissen, J. H. C., Callaghan, T. V., Alatalo, J. M., Michelsen, A., Graglia, E., Hartley, A. E., Hik, D. S., Hobbie, S. E., Press, M. C., Robinson, C. H., Henry, G. H. R., Shaver, G. R., Phoenix, G. K., Gwynn Jones, D., Jonasson, S., Chapin, F. S., Molau, U., Neill, C., Lee, J. A., Melillo, J. M., Sveinbjörnsson, B. and Aerts, R. (2001), Global change and arctic ecosystems: is lichen decline a function of increases in vascular plant biomass?. Journal of Ecology, 89: 984–994. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2745.2001.00625.x

There are many other published studies that support my hypothesis.

Of course, this could all be a bunch of "unreal stupidity" and "dramatic wrong bullshit", but the available data doesn't support that conclusion.