Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Everyone wants to believe the fight ended on the night of election

Au contraire, the fight is just now beginning

PS. Trump needs to quit tweeting and lashing out at the ankle biters

2legit,

I hope you won't mind me using your quote to start an interesting discussion.

At first glance, Trump's tweets are childish and annoying and certainly unpresidential to say the least. Initially, I had hoped that some would close his dang twitter account and put a muzzle on him from time to time. However, the more I think about it, maybe all this is serving part of a greater plan.

Trump, or any GOP President has a hostile media to contend with. Twitter and Youtube are suddenly a way to make the White House Press Corps superfluous. Trump doesn't need them to get a message out, nor does he need to fight them writing half truths or headline writers slanting the story. Trump can now go straight to the people and the MSM is obligated to flout. Too many people have already seen the message and it cannot be ignored.

Thinking about these personal attacks (i.e., John Lewis , etc.), I thought it was unwise to respond to John Lewis on ANY subject. Ignore him and he goes away quickly. On the other hand, maybe these Democrats need to be responded to. The Left will continue to use Alinsky's Rules for Radicals in attacking Trump, the GOP, Christians,an nd anything else they target. Look theses tactics and you can see them in play.

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

Twitter is Trump's defense against the daily attacks from the Left. IF he leaves the attacks unanswered, OR if the MSM fails to cover his response through normal channels, the message from the Left goes unchallenged and eventually people will start to accept it as the truth. Trump[ uses twitter for a fast and accurate counter attack to the everyday assaults. He demonstrates that he will not backdown and that he is in power and that he has control.

Trump could be using a defense to the Dem Blitzkrieg of lies and disinformation that will be throw his was each and every day.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo