I'm looking to fill a void in my stash. I've got hunting rifles in .257 Roberts, .308, .338 Federal, and .264WM

I'm married to the winchester pattern action, for this gun lighter is better, so a Montana, and Winchester are out, looking for short action kimbers

I was thinking about getting a montana/ mountain ascent to have as a lightweight truck/ 4 wheeler/ walk around rifle, mostly shooting at varmints, predators, hogs, whatever I see on the ranch during the daytime. Probably go with a Leupold lightweight 2-7 or fixed 6 power scope, most shots would be taken in the middle of the day, from unsupported positions (I shoot with a galco ching sling alot, or with a single/ double arm wrap on the sling for balance)

I was thinking of .223 as a good round, but then remember my days with the .22-250 and how much I like that round, but a .243 carries better and has a little more punch than the .22's for hogs and if I see an axis deer or other exotic, then again I love 6.5's and the creedmoor looks interesting (I've owned and sold 2 .260's one was twisted wrong for the bullets I wanted the other was a full custom that I never shot beause it weighed too damn much!)

But then again .308 would be a good backup rifle to my .308 Adirondack I could carry 2 rifles, and a few boxes of ammo in one pelican case on trips and be good to go for anything on the continent, and if one goes down, I'm not stuck without a rifle

Too many choices, what are your thoughts?