22 Magnum
22 Hornet
221 Fireball

Choose one of these three. If You keep the Hornet 'K' it

222 Remington
223 Remington
204 Ruger
22-250 Remington

Whatever works for You... is it a stainless rifle, heavier barrel, lighter for a walking varminter, an action You prefer? Whatever works for You... But keep one maybe even two if You're not sure or maybe You want to cover a couple of bases, ie. walking varminter and a 22-250 for longer ranges?

243 Winchester
6mm Remington
260 Remington

Again, is it stainless, an action, a cartridge preference or nostalgia? Whatever works for You as Your deer rifle... But pick one, they all work for deer.

Maybe start by trimming one from each category.

Mule Deer, Antelope and Elk... Pick up a .270 Winchester. Recoil shy, avoid the Magnum suggestions.

There You're done,

Jerry

edited to add;
Oh and I agree with drover the .260 will work in lieu of the .270 Win.

jerrywoodswalker,

I like the way you broke the down the varmint rifles. These are the hardest for me. In my mind, each fits the perfect niche scenario. Like you suggested, if I rid myself of one from each group I could then see how I like it.

The 22 Magnum and 22 Hornet are probably the least desirble in the first group. They both have the Lux stock which is great for standing, but not so great for prone or shooting off the bench. I also loathe the safety on the 22 Magnum. Ammo was a pain in the butt to get too. I had envisioned using the 22 Hornet as a downloaded 22 Magnum if I couldn't find ammo. The problem I have run into with this Hornet is the magazine length forces me to single load with most of the newer varmint bullets. Also the twist rate is 1-16", yuck.

The second group would be harder for me. I bought the 222 because I am total push over for the triple deuce, although I hate the 1-14" twist. The 223 is a short stainless gun I had envisioned using as my AR, since I can't stand the platform, yet I would still like to have something chambered in the same cartridge in case the zombie apocalypse comes shocked I am thinking the 204 Ruger and 22-250 may have to have a shootout this spring to see which I like better.

For the deer rifles, I could live with three and not feel like too much of a hoarder.