Ive always had better grouping results and zero land leading with hard bullets (usually above 20 BHN) in my 1911s, Glocks, AR pistols, 1917 and Smith 25-5 I shoot as opposed to my usual universal 11 BHN stuff I generally feed my wheelguns.
Most of the shallow land stuff just shoots better with jacketed or rock hard cast bullets and in the shallow land revolvers wont strip at engagement at the bullet base, which the 25 does a bit, even with the bullets obturating and being sized to snug the throats.

The problem is its a PITA to have stuff dried and then run through the rather delicate Star sizer when I just want to spend more time shooting, so I dont heat treat or powder coat at all these days, unless Im shooting cast from a full power rifle load or specialized stuff like the 22 Jet.

If one has the time or inclination, using the super hard bullets that precisely fit the gun, for me, always shot noticeably better at the 100 and 200 yard handgun range.
I dont shoot at critters that far with my handguns, so it became too much work and the reward didnt outweigh anything so the softer bullets and the ease to make them won out.