Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by USSR1991
someone needs to speak out about it.

Anyone who's spent 10 minutes reading about cast bullets can't help but hear that; I don't think hard bullets need to be argued about in every cast bullet conversation.

I also bet a lot more of us load on progressives than you think. Nothing wrong with using new technology when it makes things better.

Problem is, most guys don't cast their own and are at the mercy of the commercial caster's propaganda. And anyone who has perused their websites is basically faced with a choice of 12 BHN or 18 BHN bullets. So, when they finally take the plunge of casting their own, they are predisposed to cast them hard. Sorry, but I will continue to speak out about the hard cast mentality pushed by the commercial casters.

Progressive presses are not "new technology", they've been around for many, many years. It's not a question of new technology, but rather a volume thing. I have a progressive shotshell reloading press, since at one time I competed in trap and skeet events regularly. Since I don't do that with my handguns, I would be turning out a volume of shells that would take me months to shoot. I like to reload and I teach NRA metallic cartridge reloading courses (which requires that a single stage press be used), so turning out a smaller volume of ammo on a more regular basis appeals to me.

Don

NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor