I've shot a few moving but never running flat out. I always waited for a double lung shot. On one I was aiming just above his left elbow, I felt he sensed me and just as I shot, he weirled to his left and the bullet hit in the center of his chest. Knocked his front feet from under him and he ran 40 yards on his hind legs until he ran into a tree top.

I try to find a rest. Like you, a window sill, knees, tree, something. Shoot off hand if I have to.

Was sitting on the upper edge of a ravine one morning when a saw a buck coming from my left at the bottom of the ravine. Found an open spot and waited. Shot him mid chest at about 30* down angle. Felt it was a good shot but he ran up the other side of the ravine and out of sight. Was gonna wait a few minutes but then saw him coming back down into the ravine a little to the left of where he went up. Decided to do something I'd never tried before, shoot him at the top of his shoulder. When he came into an open spot I shot and he went down immediately.

Had to walk down to my right to get to the bottom. Came to the spot of the first shot, there was lots of blood. Walked over to the deer. There was only one wound. Followed the blood trail up the hill and found I had shot two bucks less than a minute apart in almost the same spot.

Last edited by websterparish47; 01/31/17.