Was a slug gun state, went PCR a few yrs back.
Shotgun, MZ or handgun........several at or over 150 yds.
No big deal really. If stationary, have time.....sure try to take a rest.......but have nailed em offhand. Not hard really.
Blasted movers up closer too.
Like a 1X for that. Makes it no big deal. Never shot bounders, only when they were moving in a smooth line.
Kill as many from the ground as stand, prefer being in the woods compared to field edges (just feels better).
I can shoot pretty well, my gear is decent.........but if I could smoke em all at 50 yards I'd be fine with that.
Just do what I gotta do.
Had a funky thick 8 pt last yr at 250 in picked bean field, little Ruger RSI was rock solid on my elbows (HP rifle first time legal this past season). Didn't like the angle and he turned and left the way he came. He was dead if I want him. Property line deal, figured I'd rather dump him farther from the boundary to appear more polite. Prone w 4X scope.....250 yards.....no worries on puttin it where I wanted.

Know the other landowner, worked with him. But I hadn't secured permission so just let it go.

No big deal. Ended up blasting a differet buck at 50 yards in the timber a week later. Good enough.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/05/17.