Hanco: Back before it was commonly known exactly how rare Winchester pre-64 Model 70 "African" Rifles were I bought, kept for a few months, and then sold a MINTY example.
I thought I was so cool making a two hundred dollar bill on that gun/transaction!
Had I known then how rare they were/are I would have kept that Rifle - today I could have realized a profit of around four thousand dollars on it!
That is my biggest regret "dollar wise".
My biggest regret "coolness" wise was an outstandingly beautifully stocked Ruger #1-B in caliber 6m/m Remington - it was a VERY early gun (first year production?) and had serial number 1,300!
A left handed friend of mine tormented me for years to sell him that Rifle and finally I gave in to him.
Wish I hadn't as he sold it for a nifty profit a couple years later!
My bad.
In all I recall selling about 40 or 50 Rifles and pistols "I wish I hadn't"!
One more (as long as we are kicking ourselves in the butts over this type thing!) I sold an elderly friend of mine a MINT condition pre-64 Winchester Deluxe Model 71 with bolt-peep and swivels in caliber 348 Winchester!
Yeah I wish I had that one back not so much as it was rare but it WAS in stone cold MINT condition - those are HARD to find anymore.
Live and learn I guess.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy