Not my experience on Boars. Most have been good but you get hold of a lusty one and you will ooze hog pheromones for days after eating some. This will not enhance your love life or general popularity.

I like to shoot the little shoats and BBQ them whole. Almost any size sow will be good. Boars smaller is better but no guarantee in my experience. Feral hog and venison make great lean sausage with more flavor than domestic pork. You can get bacon from feral hogs during pecan or acorn season and it is really good more like the Cajun greeades than standard bacon.

Chill them as fast as you can. Dowsing with hot water can make skinning easier and it will make the fleas jump off if they have them. I have heard of others spraying with rubbing alcohol for the same reasons. Some areas have the fleas bad and others none at all.

Good Luck and enjoy Tejas.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli