Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by marshland_max

I think accuracy is subjective. After spending lots of time and money chasing tiny groups I've gone to a different way of judging accuracy. It's all based on hunting or minute of deer as some say. What I do now after developing a good load that show potential accuracy during testing I load a bunch and hit the field and shoot steel.

I decide if a load is accurate enough for hunting by shooting from field positions out to 400 yards. If I have a hard time keeping a load on an 8 inch steel at 400 it is scraped. I shoot for kill shots now.....I have learned that if far more important than tiny groups. Also a rifle and load combo that does that constantly will do the same at 100 so 1 - 2 MOA is plenty for me.

Just my two sense

I agree...this is a 358 win for crying out loud. For me its going to be a 300 yard and in gun at the very most. I am happy with 1.5-2 MOA for most of my hunting rifles as I simply don't shoot game beyond 300 yards all that often. But when I get a new rifle I still work up loads with a few powders and bullets to see what it likes best and go from there. Usually something always shoots 1.5" or better @100 which is just fine with me.

I know right lol.

I have settled on the 225 Nosler Partition @ 2525 fps using TAC. I m going to start doing some fine tuning of the load, but overall its a good one.

Meat Hunters Do It For Dinner.