Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
[quote=Whelen Nut]2450 out of a 19" tube with 48gr of TAC under the 200TTSX. Took several bears with that load, DRT. Don't know that an additional 2-300fps would have made any difference. [/quote)

What distance and how well did the bullets open up? Everything I hear about the TTSX or TSX is the faster you run them the better they work. The higher velocity should get them to open up better at further distances then. I have only killed a Caribou and a elk and an antelope with TTSX's from my .338 WM. 225g running ~2800 fps. It did an ok job on the caribou at 400 yards, but shot placement was bad so had to shoot again. The elk at 70 yards and the antelope at 250 didn't need another.

I understand the high velocity theory with regard to the TTSX's. If I think I might have a shot over 150yds, I carry a Whelen, 300WSM, 270 or 6.5CM. So I'm not really concerned about the TTSX opening up at longer ranges. Shots at bears around here are always 40-50yds max. The TTSX performed as expected and didn't make a mess of the shoulders. Which is another reason why I like them.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.