I suggest Garmin. Take your pick of which one you want. Touch screen or one with buttons, it's up to you. I personally use the Oregon 550, but still question the touch screen. I've had instances where the touch screen was kind of a detriment. Last elk season I got blood on the screen and it was cold, so the blood started to freeze on the screen and then I was trying to store a waypoint of where I shot my bull and the quickest route to a logging road. Smeared blood all over the screen and it was sticky. Luckily I had some wipes in my pack to clean the screen off so I could see what I was doing. I've used the touch screen with my waterproof hunting gloves on, but with fatter fingers than normal and that can make it a biotch too. The camera in the 550 is not too bad either and saves room in the pack because you don't have to bring another piece of equipment. Another thing to check is battery life of each unit you are considering buying. Read reviews because some GPS units really eat batteries. My 550 is not too bad, but I still carry a couple sets of batteries just to be on the safe side. You'll find you'll be better off using a good quality rechargeable battery too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA