I've noticed that few Americans like set triggers. Maybe it's because we don't have any familiarity with them.

I started using set triggers at age 14 (Now nearly 70), and I shoot much better with the sets. It was one of the things I liked regarding the CZ 550s I had, 416 and 375.

Regarding souping up the Rigby, I was under the impression that Rigby brass was far thinner and it wasn't a great idea, accordingly.

I had a lot of experience with the Rigby years back and shot coyotes here on my small farm with both CZs and a Ruger RSM with my reloads and 350gr Speers at 2,575 FPS. I had a CZ hogback model and an American. I actually liked the hogback better for me; it just fit me better. I didn't like the Ruger stock much, but I loved the rifle otherwise. The buffalo in my avatar was taken with a CZ550 Rigby hogback.

After shooting considerable 416 Rigby ammo, factory and reloads, I am a bit curious why anyone would want to make it hammer their shoulder and brains any more than with traditional loads? crazy wink

You must be young and tough. grin

Have fun with a great rifle in a Classic round. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”