Hogs are primarily nocturnal over here as well. A good scope will get you 5 days either side of a full moon and more if you can hunt/stalk fairly close. While I used to prefer FFP and heavy reticles, I have learned through trial and error that a scope with a small illuminated dot -- one that adjusts dimly enough so as not to adversely affect your vision -- is the way to go for me since most of my night-time opportunities are 150-175 yards (I am disabled and can't get any closer).

I've gone through lots of scopes looking for that non-existent perfect match for my situation, and I'm likely to swap out again, but for now, the 4 scopes that have made the grade and are mounted on my primary hog rifles include the Leica ERi 3-12x50/4a-i, the Kahles CSX 3-12x56/4-Dot, the Schmidt Bender Zenith 2.5-10x56/FD7 and the non-illuminated Swarovski PV 3-12x50/plex.

Every one is different, and there is no one scope that is perfect for every situation. I always chiuckle when I hear someone say "X brand" is THE best for low light, bar none." Each has its strengths and each has its weaknesses, and we simply have to find what works best for ourselves in the majority of situations.