Originally Posted by tomk
Seconded....but grudgingly.

I hate to admit it, but the scopes with illuminated dots that can be dialed way down in intensity and coverage i.e. subtend less, are actually an improvement over heavy FFP reticles.

There I said it. But a caveat...the range makes a difference for me. I prefer the FPP reticles or a heavy 2cd plane reticle at shorter yardages in very low light. For me, out past 200 yards the small dot of the Zeiss was an eye-opener.

I have no real experience later than an hour after sunset, and defer to Bobby for moonlighting.

Not for my eyes at any time of the night. I'd rather have bold outer cross hairs and fine inner.

But as I've said before, thats my eyes. I"ve not turned on and probably don't have a battery in my 3x12-56mm 30 mm tube Zeiss for 20 years now. Turning the dimmest part on still messed with my eyes at any time of the night. And I"ve shot them at all hours...

YMMV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....