Originally Posted by WvZ
I've hunted with my CZ in 9.3x62. It and the Ruger, which I've used on the range, seem to me fault-free. Ditto the commercial Mauser in 9.3x62 I've carried in Africa. I do like iron sights on a rifle of this type. WvZ

I'm with you 100% in wanting open sights on my rifle. I got a big 4X5 mulie years ago that I wouldn't have taken after my scope fogged badly on my venerable Savage 99 300 SVG. I had it in pivot mounts and took the buck on my way back to the truck to get my other rifle.

I have had several of the CZs and Rugers in 9.3X62, and both were good rifles. The CZ Americans were clubby with too much wood in their stocks, and the Rugers were a bit muzzle heavy. BUT, as I said both models were very good and accurate.

My favorite is a well balanced Mauser like this Husqvarna 640 I have presently. It cost about 1/2 what a CZ 550 does and far less than the current prices of the Ruger Hawkeye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”