So far I have tried these super-streamlined bullets from various makers in 3 different cartridges, and so far only in one case have they shot what I would call "very well". In the rifles in question a more conventional bullet shot much better, and took less development to establish a good load. These are all in rifles with appropriate barrel twists for the bullets in question.

The best has been a .300 RUM, in a Montana Rifles X2 model. It has shot literally bug holes with 180gr Accubonds, with 4 different loads, at various speeds and OAL's. By contrast, the 190 ABLR has managed .81" for its best 3 shot group, and most of them were more like 1 - 1½".

It's a similar story with my 7mm-08, which has a 1 in 9" Pac-nor barrel. It's superb with 120gr Ballistic Tips, but groups with 162 ELD's are 1½" to 2".

One guy commented a while back that the ogive on these bullets makes them more sensitive to seating depths than more conventional profiles, like an Accubond. I'm wondering if anyone has found a common technique that works with these style bullets? For example, the Barnes and other monolithic bullets are advised to seat at least .050" off the rifling, so I'm wondering if someone else has found a technique that works with VLD's and similar bullets.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."