In general, I haven't had much problem getting Berger VLD's (or other Bergers) to shoot well either. In fact the most accurate bullet in my 6mm PPC benchrest rifle is a Berger, and I've also tried three different brands of highly regarded small-maker bullets.

Have just started fooling with ELD's but don't expect them to be much different than A-Maxes, which I've usually found easy to work with. Have has mixed results with ABLR's, but more positive than negative.

But have had excellent accuracy from a bunch of other bullets too, of course including Hornady Interlocks, Sierras and Ballistic Tips. Used to have more problems with AccuBonds but not many these days--but also have generally good luck with Partitions. I don't expect them to shoot like target bullets, but in many rifles they've been among the most accurate. In a 6.5-06 where I tried at least a dozen different bullets, the 140 Berger VLD was the most accurate bullet, but the second was the 140 Nosler Partition.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck