About three years ago I bought a Sako 85 Finn Light in .270 Win. Had problems from the beginning. The main issue was that an ejected round hit the scope and was ejected or just flipped over and landed on the mag follower. At the time many Sako 85 owners were having the same problem I was having, and many others were having no problems at all. At the time, the ones with long actions were the ones having the problems, and short action owners were having no problems. I raised the height of my scope but it did not stop the problem. After a few discussions with Beretta, I sent the rifle back and they refunded me the price I paid for the rifle. (Thank you Beretta) I could tell what was causing the problem 1. ejector at the 6:00 position behind magazine, 2. extractor not strong enough to hold round from insertion through firing and ejection. I thought I would ask you guys that own 85's if the problem still exists, or did Beretta/Sako make any changes on the 85 to stop this problem. I would especially like to hear from long action 85 owners. I have older Sako's with the ejector at the 9:00 position and they have never failed to function properly. I am not looking to open an old wound, and I am not putting down 85 Sako's. As a matter of fact I would love to own an 85 if I could count on it to function properly. Sako 85 owners I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you and good evening.

G2