Waimahana thanks for that info. After looking at my spares I now see what you did. I'm surprised mine are visibly different lengths so I'd start by just swapping them all if I need any more improvement. So far that 30-06 Finlight is working ok but still occasionally kisses the bottom of the turret housing on it's way out. Ejection on any of my 85's isn't as positive or repeatable as other rifles I own. Certainly no where near M70, Mauser or Kimber with large claw extractors.

I've owned

75 30-06-No ejection issue
85 270 WSM-terrible ejection and would sometimes fall back in the action
85 270 Win-honestly don't recall ejection but was returned for a refund when it didn't meet MOA and had headspace problems(loose primer was in the action when cleaning it from new. Proof load lost a primer apparently and this wasn't noticed by QC)
85 30-06FL-which has always ejected but dinged the bottom of turret housing until new spring and extractor installed. Now hits occasionally
85 7mmRM- has never had any ejection problems and is very accurate.

So my bell curve says about 50/50 on ejection issues. I've heard short actions are better ejectors but haven't owned one. There's enough good about them that they're still worth owning you just need to be aware of this issue. If you get a good one don't get rid of it.