Originally Posted by PaleRider
Originally Posted by JMR40
The 1946-2006 rifles are a flawed design, no doubt about it. As far as I know the X-Mark trigger used since Oct. 2006 is a sound design. Supposedly the recall on those was to deal with adhesive that somehow dripped into the trigger assembly during manufacturing.

I didn't watch this program because I thought it was just a re-run of the same program done by CNBC several years ago. If there is a different design problem with the X-Mark trigger this is the 1st I've heard of it

Just FYI - The Remington 700 has only been around since 1962 (not 1946).
For about the first 20 years until around 1982 the safety locked the bolt down, then they changed it so you could open the bolt & unload it with the safety still on (bolt not locked down).

Immaterial, the Walker trigger came out with the 722/721 rifles, same trigger design used on the early 700s.

I have issues with the 700s, but the triggers ain't my issues. There are other things to dislike about 'em, and reason enough for me to have gotten rid of mine.
Some TV hackjob ain't gonna persuade me one way or another.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.