Lisense money always went into the general fund--the MNR doesn't see any of it and never did.

The MNR submits a budget proposal for what aerial surveys will cost and even if approved by the Ministry of Finance it is one of the first things to get cut in the name austerity.

It seems to me that the tags were cut in every WMU with the possible exception of Cow Tags for 21A. Since the decline in logging activities the access to 21A has been severely restricted.

I used to have several parties rent a cabin from me and I would say over the 1st 3 weeks of the season that amounted to 30 or 40 hunters. Last year I had one party of 3--that's it.

Biggest detriment to killing moose in this area is that late opener--it's really hard to find a moose in this country in November. I own a moose processing shop and used to do over a hundred every year--my best year was 1990 when I did 163.

I had a heart attack last year and while I have recovered I'm still getting old and feeble. Don't hunt as hard as I used to. I didn't kill one last year and I can't remember when that last happened. I only cut up 4--turned a few down on doctors orders but still not that many.