Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by okie john
Sig: P 2022, P6
Ruger: Several SBHs and Mk II autos plus a couple of Single Six variants and a first-year Redhawk
Glock: 26, 19, 23, 17, 22 (several of each)
2-3 BHPs, including a Canadian Inglis and an early Practical
S&W: M-625, first year M-629, several M-28s, several M-34s, M-35, several M-36s, M-37, several M-10s, M-13, M-586
HK: USP 9mm FS, P30LS, VP9, VP40
Walther PPKS in 380, Mahurin PP copy in 22 LR
Colt: 1917 in 45 ACP, Gold Cup, Clark Longslide, Clark softball gun

Okie John

Too many great ones in there (that you'll never miss) for me to respect your opinion regarding handguns. smile

I understand.

I'm proud that there isn't a slouch anywhere on that list. I've worked with all of them extensively, and while I appreciate each for the unique things it brings to the table, I've found others that meet my needs just as well or better. In many cases, the reasons for letting them go are purely logistical. If my logistical situation were to change, I'd revisit them in a heartbeat.

I'll also add that every time I see most of these in a shop, especially the Smith revolvers and the BHPs, I'm almost willing to go back, which is why I've owned so many of them more than once. The Smith M-34 is a classic example. I grew up shooting one, which was perfect when I was a kid because my hands were small. I made some shots with that revolver that I still brag about today. But now my hands are too big for any J-frame, so while I occasionally ponder getting another one, I remember the size issue as soon as I pick it up, and I hand it back to the clerk. Pretty much what Son_Of_The_Gael said about the M-1A.

If anything, I'm even worse with long guns, especially Mausers. And I shudder to think how long this list would be were it not for rental ranges...

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.