Not really backpack hunting, but I figured this is where the folks who'll know this stuff would be...

I currently have a pair of Asolo Sasslongs. LOVE THEM. There's just one problem....they no longer fit. Don't ask me how or why, but where they were fine when I got them, they're now feeling too small (length) and I'm jamming toes in them, moreso going downslope, but it's definitely a bad fit at this point.

I live and hunt in southeastern PA, and I have no plans to hunt sheep or anything of the like, however... I do hike around the area, and my area of PA has the Appalachian Trail through it. I use those areas a lot, and they're rocky. Really rocky. Our glacial deposits get frequent cursing from through hikers, lol.

So the real stiff sole on the Sasslongs has been a godsend when hiking over rocks (don't feel the damn rocks poking into my feet constantly).

I have Cabela's nearby...can probably spend a lot of time driving to various outdoor stores in the extended area (hour+ drive to various other options)....but what would folks who know the current boot market suggest?

The Sasslongs are great for what I want, they just are too small for me, so I'm looking for something quite similar. I know there are lighter boot options, but I honestly don't notice the weight on them, and the stability and support are just fantastic on rocky trails.

I haven't set a budget yet, but I do want to keep things south of 2 bills if possible. I won't rule out going higher, but 4-5-6 hundred dollar boots likely aren't an option for me.

Thanks!