Last weekend I pulled out an old Stevens 15A that was stuffed behind my safe for god knows how long (20+ years at least), thought man I ought to clean that up and shoot it. So I did just that - cleaned out the cobwebs and got it ready to go. Sunday, after obsessing over little tiny groups with my CZ 455 for an hour or so, I decided to fire a few through the Stevens. I pinned up a target with 2" black circle out at 25 yards - went back to the truck (tailgate rest) and popped off 5 rounds. Humm should be able to see any holes that were not black? Walked up and wow nice little group of about 3/4". "Dang, not bad maybe I'll bear down and see if I can beat that" - next group was right about 1/2". Could not cover it with a dime but all holes easily touched the dime. Not only had it been a looong time since I fired a rifle with open sights but I now can't hardly see the rear sight due to my near vision fading away as I get older. But, it did not seem to matter - I just made a nice snowcone with the front sight and the 2" black dot, squeezed that crappy trigger and wow. After that I proceeded to empty my Federal Target Match 325 Round Bulk box one by one in that little .22, launching shotgun hulls, clay pigeon chips, and anything else that caught my fancy from 15-50 yards. All the time smiling like a little kid with is first .22. Dang that was fun. I'm going to see if I can work the trigger over a little and try it again. What a hoot, and to think I'd totally forgotten about it for 20 years - ugh.

Last edited by centershot; 02/24/17.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope