Originally Posted by noKnees
I have been using a Creed for deer for the last couple of years and have shot one with a 120 bt and a couple each with the 129 Hornady and 130 AB (both new and factory seconds). I haven't been able to tell the difference yet and haven't recovered one yet.

As far as the expensive bullet goes, price does matter if you are going to go through a couple hundred every year. I know you can shoot cheap and hunt with the top end bullet, but the change in POI can be a PITA ( especially if there are a half dozen rifles to rezero and confirm come september) and if you have one load every shot you take all summer long is validation you rig is all set to go for the season. I have shot northforks in a few rifles, super accurate, great terminal performance, but blowing through 300 during the summer would hurt. Of course with Nosler seconds you get the best both worlds.

Costs vary widely. A quick look at Midway, if I didn't overlook something, showed a lowest 6.5 bullet price of $.21 (Nosler Custom Competition, in bulk - on sale) and a highest of $1.22 (Cutting Edge Match Tactical). Something like the Hornady ELD-x is $.33. Something mid-range price wise for "300 during the summer" would be a difference of $36 between the ELD-x and cheapest. Difference between the cheapest and most expensive for that number would be $303.

I like one load and leave it for a rifle as well. Considering price and performance (especially on deer) I have a hard time not looking at Hornady first for most bullets.